Saturday, May 8, 2010

Too Much This Week

So much has happened in the last week, I just can’t keep up with it all. It exhausts me just thinking about.  Maybe I’ll write in more detail later, but we’ve seen the RE, gotten tons of tests ordered, finished the Clomid and last night, got the trigger shot.

My first time. It’s weird getting a shot in your stomach (even if it’s only subcutaneously) but I guess I should get used to it because if I ever get pregnant, I’ll be getting them daily from 8 weeks on.  DH watched with interest because I think I’m charging him with giving them to me.

For all I complain about the nurse at my OBGYN’s office, she was willing to leave her job at 6:30pm on a Friday night, come over to the doctor’s office and give me my shot. She was also willing to do an IUI on Saturday, when they’re not open.  This place isn’t an RE, so they don’t need to keep weekend hours.

So I got the shot and was told I can expect some serious cramping due to the number of follicles I have.  DH and I are not doing IUI this cycle.  I don’t know why now…perhaps we should have.  But we know he can get me pregnant, so I just didn’t want to take the chance of ending up with triplets or even quadruplets.

On Thursday I had 4 possibly mature follicles.  On the left, two measuring 17.9 and 15.5.  On the right, two measuring 16.6.and 16.5.  GD it, for the second month in a row, the most mature on the left side.  Two days earlier, the right was in the lead (and I was so praying it would stay that way).  I really think I’m fully blocked on the left side.  I know we got pregnant last month briefly, despite the fact it was obviously I O’d from the left, but despite that, I still believe something else was responsible and the egg didn’t come from the left side.

I didn’t have a U/S done last night, so I don’t know how far they’ve grown, and they will continue to grow before they actually leave the follicle, but I’m guessing the 17.9 one on Thursday was at least 20 as of yesterday, and I’m hoping the 16.6 one was at least 18.  Still, they’d have another day or so before they go, so hopefully the right can get close to 20. (I think I’m hoping for too much though).
This afternoon we will be leaving to go downstate (3 hours) for my BIL’s birthday dinner, then we’re staying over with my brother to be down there for Mother’s Day tomorrow.  When exactly are we to DTD to take full advantage of this?

This mother’s day I hoped I would be pregnant…sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment