Monday, June 7, 2010

Trying Again

I haven’t written in awhile.  I’ve been depressed, there’s no other way to put it.  I don’t have anything else to say except whine.  And even though no one reads it, should I ever reread my own entries, damn, that’s just a downer.

Well,  I took Clomid again days 5-9, and perhaps it’s because it’s my 3rd month on it, but it’s working faster this month. Today is CD13, and the U/S today showed 2 follicles on the right (my good side!) at 18 and 16, and one on the left at 17.  I pray the left doesn’t take over!! Fran wanted me to come right over (I had my U/S done at Bellevue because the U/S technician at my OBGYN is on vacation this week) and get the trigger shot, but I demured, for two reasons. first, I don’t have Ovidrel and it’ll take a day to get it. I thought I’d have more time and never ordered it (or asked for a script). Secondly, if I’m ovulating on the right side, I don’t think I really need it.  That’s my “good” side.

I still want an IUI though. Even though K’s SA came back completely normal, I just want the “back up” of it.

I also have a hemorraghic cyst in my right ovary though.  I did some quick googling and it doesn’t look like it’ll affect anything.  I hope that’s true.  Apparently it’s a cyst that contains blood in it.  It can occur normally and most times nothing is done for it. My OBGYN wasn’t concerned about it at all. However, you know I don’t trust them fully, so I will mention it at my RE appt. on Thursday.

In addition, my lining is really thin.  That also might be the result of 3 months of Clomid, or because I’m pretty far along for me at CD13, and maybe the lining hasn’t had a chance to catch up? I don’t know, but it was only a 4 – and it’s never been that low.

As a result, they want to put me on estrogen – Estrace. I’ve always heard since I have a heart condition I shouldn’t take estrogen, but that was before my surgery last year. Maybe it’s better now.  To be safe, I called Boston this morning to ask about it.  Unfortunately, they won’t be getting back to me until tomorrow at the earliest, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be starting estrogen tonight.  I guess we’ll see how it goes. I’m afraid of headaches, mostly.

So, if no positive OPK, I’ll go back in for another follicle check on Weds.  Then meeting with the RE on Thursday. Lots of stuff this week. I’m trying to keep my head “OUT” of the game so I don’t focus obsessively on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment