Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hold Onto Your Hats

Today is the day the fun begins.

I called my new insurance provider to get my preauthorization going and beyond the first hiccup, where she asked me what my diagnosis was, everything went fine.

Because I called for preauthorization for infertility services, and I was like, “Um, my diagnosis is infertility?”
That wasn’t good enough, she needed something more specific, but there is nothing more specific. nothing’s been found to be wrong, except we don’t get pregnant. Or stay pregnant.

So finally I said, “Unexplained infertility, it’s the only thing I can think of.” And that apparently was all she needed.

My IVF benefits are off the hook. I just hope the rest of my medical care doesn’t suffer because of it.

I called IVF Jen to give her the number, and I’m all set to go.

Injection #1, tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment