Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm All Right

I’m pleasantly surprised.

Four shots down, a bazillion to go, and things are going ok.

So far, I haven’t noticed any side effects (knock on wood).  No hot flashes, no horrible headaches.

Honestly, going on BCP was harder.

But speaking of BCP, last night was my last pill.  It’s Lupron injections only until Saturday when my Bravelle injections (stims) start.  I am hoping that getting off the BCP is easier than the getting on was.  Now THAT caused a lot of headaches.

I’m also starting to worry about oversupression. Why do I Google? It just stresses me out.  Apparently, having been on BCP as long as I was and then taking Lupron can cause the stims to not work as well, which may end in a cycle cancellation.

I think I would die if that happened.

I’m trying to tell myself that I was on BCP for a year before we started trying (before then, the depo shot) and my cycle was textbook perfect as soon as I got off. But that was a different brand, so I don’t know if my body would react the same way.

But my RE knew about it and approved of me taking 5 weeks worth of “white only” BCP, so that must mean he wasn’t concerned.

Anyway, back to the injections.  I barely feel them, except for one that L gave me Saturday night that hurt like a motha for some reason and drew blood. I don’t know what the heck he did, but I am not anxious to repeat the experience. Luckily last night went fine.

And, in unrelated but still awesome news, I had my first facial in 10 years thanks to a birthday gift certificate.  Holy cow, my skin feels soft and supple and hydrated, and just…awesome.  I want to do it again.

No results yet from my b/w from last week. I’m anxious to see what they found, if anything. Hopefully they’ll get back to me soon.

Ok, I’m all over the place today.

No comments:

Post a Comment