Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 14 of Stims

Well, I'm still here. And I'm still stimming. Tonight will be 14 days of it.

Saturday's U/S and E2 showed some growth. I went from 901 to 1255 and my follicles gained about a millimeter (12-15mm). Not very much, but considering that before that I had only gone up 137 (from 764 to 901) in THREE days I was thrilled.

So what does my doctor tell me to do? After me asking at the beginning of this cycle whether Lupron suppressed me too much last go-around (see here) and me asking throughout THIS cycle (on stim day 5, 7 and 10) why he wasn't upping my meds) all of a sudden I'm to raise the dosage from 3 vials to 4.5 vials (remember I was on 2 vials unexplicably early on in this cycle) AND stop taking lupron.

It's like all or nothing with this guy - 0 to 60. Did he just check back into this cycle?

I haven't gotten today's E2 yet, but my follicles now range from 15-20mm. Hurray!! Yes, I guess lupron WAS oversuppressing me! Thanks, RE, for figuring it out about 7 days after I did. Those degrees are really helping you, huh?

In my learned opinion (which doesn't mean much since I have no medical degree to my name, but thus far I seem to have done a better job than my RE), I don't think I will be triggering tonight UNLESS my LH has begun to rise - which I don't think it will have. On my own I don't O until around 24-25 mm and last month I triggered when I had 23 and 21 mm follicles. I'm guessing that will be tomorrow night, to give the smaller follicles (I have a bunch of 15s) a chance to get to 17 before I trigger (and therefore mature before ER, which will be 2 days after that).

Taking bets on my E2. With the growth I've had...I want to say 2000. But thus far, I've been wrong on E2 every step of the way.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your RE still sounds like he doesn't get it. I hope this cycle works out and you don't have to see a new one. Can't wait to hear what your e2 levels are, I hope they are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your RE is so out of it. Geesh! But HOORAY for progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully your RE is back on his game now that it's almost time to go...geesh.

    Hoping this all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete