Friday, March 25, 2011

Nine-hundred-and-effing-one

Yesterday my bloodwork showed my E2 to be 901. That's right, ladies and gentleman, 3 days of stims since the previous scan and I only went up barely 140.

WTF is going on? I'm so upset because I think my body is just going to plateau again and they SHOULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING. They upped my dosage slightly again, but is this cycle just no good anymore? Will I get cancelled? Will it matter because will my eggs just be old?

What makes matters worse is that I'm REALLY REALLY uncomfortable, much more so than last month when I had an E2 of 1300 (which isn't even a lot at all). I'm bloated and have a ton of CM and AF-like cramping - not a ton, but I swear I just want to go home, rip off all my clothes and find the biggest sweatpants I can, then jump into bed. And I have nothing to show for it, neither big follicles or high E2.

My follies ranged from 11-14 and I allegedly had a LOT. At least 16. But if I have so many, where is the elusive E2 that they're supposed to be producing?

From the beginning of this cycle I was concerned about this and thus far no one else really seems to be. I TOLD them they shouldn't drop my dosage when I was 443. Yesterday my IVF nurse was just like, "You have to trust [the RE] - that's why you're with him." And all I can think is "Well I won't be with him next month, that's for sure."

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey I am sooo sorry. Can you pitch a fit and demand they do something? I wish I had more advice, but I would be just as upset as you are. Especially considering this isn't exactly cheap. I really hope he has something planned up his sleeve, otherwise I'd make a scene and swtich. I hope you hear better news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry things aren't progressing like you'd like them to :( I really hope they pick up soon.

    ReplyDelete