Thursday, October 18, 2012

Paranoid and Morbid

Tomorrow morning we leave for our "babymoon" to Colorado! This is going to be our last trip before the babies come! It's been nearly 10 years since I've last been there, and I'm a little nervous about the change in altitude and my oxygen! (I weigh so much more now than I did in law school). But more importantly, my anxiety about planes is ratcheted sky high. I am so terrified of planes. Not terrorism, not even mechanical stuff so much, but plain (ha) old pilot error.

Plus then I start thinking, it's been a long time since the last U.S. plane crash - we're due for another one. I mean, you never hear about 2 close together. Yeah, I'm both morbid and paranoid.

Because I just emailed the surrogacy agency to let them know of a change in who we're picking for guardians for our babies. I mean, we don't have a will yet or anything, but unlike most pregnant women, my babies will not be with me if anything happens. Some provision needs to be made for them. So now they know who we would like, even if it's not exactly legal, they can at least tell our families of our wishes.

OMG, I know how crazy I am. Nothing is going to happen right?

But I have some xanax waiting for me at home tonight and before the plane ride tomorrow. I know my limits :)

9 comments:

  1. I am the exact way about flying. Earlier this year we went to Mexico. Before the plane went to take off I got out of my seat and told me husband I couldn't do it! Thank goodness he talked me down. This was also on Ativan. I think I should have went with xanax instead. Have fun on your trip to Colorado! We are moving there in a few years, I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not crazy at all! In fact I told my husband that if we are going anywhere without my daughter then we will be flying in seperate planes in case one of ours doesnt make it she will still have a parent.

    We dont have a will yet either but did the same thing and just told my BIL that we want him to take our daughter if anything were to happen to us.

    Have fun on your trip. I think those same dark thoughts...you are a parent. You have to think about those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's morbid, I think it's just being responsible!

    I hope you have a fun and safe trip! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your vacation to Colorado! I went to grad school there also - are you a DU or CU alumna? Deep breaths on the plane - you will be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your trip! I always think of the worst case scenario too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from ICLW. I doubt anything will happen to you but for peace of mind it is always nice to be prepared. Have fun on your babymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from ICLW! I hope you're having a great time in Colorado, enjoy your last baby free trip =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy babymoon! Hope you are having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete