Wednesday, April 27, 2011

28dpo aka 6 weeks

I did it! I passed 25 dpo and made it all the way to 6 weeks today! My first U/S (the line where I will then finally consider myself really pregnant) is one week and one day from today.

It's still so early, but I find myself starting to have more hope. Could it really be that after 29 months this could be it? I can barely imagine it - it's so much easier to believe it won't happen.

But then there are things like the test I took on 24dpo. I've often heard about HPTs taken where the person swears the line came up "right away" and is darker than the control line. Never happened to me. Until 24dpo. It was Awe.Some. In fact, I couldn't even FIND the control line at first. First I thought I had a defective test. Then I waited the full 3 minutes and saw it. But the control line blew it out of the water.

The test, after it dried (the control line got darker when it dried):


Anyways...
I've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by two fantastic bloggers, Jen at The Chronicles of Violetta Margarita, and SummaStarlet at Just Us...For Now. Thank you!





The rules:
here's how it works:

1. Winners put the award images on their blog.
2. Link back to the person/s that nominated you for the award/s.
3. Share 10 things about yourself.
4. Award 15 bloggers.
5. Contact the bloggers you have nominated and let them know about their award.

I'm not going to do this the right way because I think everyone I follow has gotten the award, but I will share 10 things about myself :)

1. Sometimes I say out loud and actually think to myself that bad things are going to happen because I feel superstitious that by doing that they WON'T happen. For instance, every time I fly (I HATE flying) I always consider that the plane will crash, because then I feel like it won't. Sick, isn't it? As you can see, this has crossed over into pregnancy stuff.

2. I am very crunchy. I am big into local eating, grow much of my own food, and shop mostly at farmer's markets. I love to sew, craft, can food, etc. I make my own laundry detergent. Well, I did before I started my first IVF cycle, and I've been using store bought since to make life easier.

3. I love old sitcoms. Family Ties, Laverne and Shirley, The Facts of Life, Happy Days, Doogie Howser - they make me feel so content.

4. My first celebrity crush was on Richard Dean Anderson when I was 14. I believe you might know him as MacGyver. And yes, he was (is) older than my father.

5. I'm a total anglophile. And I could give you a detailed description of English history from the 13th through 16th centuries if you want :) When DH and I watch the Tudors, I point out all the inaccuracies :)

6. The farthest east I've ever been is Budapest, Hungary. The farthest west is San Francisco, CA. As you can see, not very far in either direction!

7. I backpacked Europe alone in college (hence the Budapest). I had plans with my BFF to go originally, but when she backed out I decided to go anyway. I'm glad I did! What an awesome experience.

8. I wish I could have the traditional pregnancy experience (if and when it's truly happening). Unfortunately, I already have cardiology and MFM appointments scheduled with 3 different doctors, and I've barely started. I have the feeling this will end up being extremely complicated.

9. I own Rosetta Stone Welsh. I may be an anglophile, but I'm absolutely obsessed with Welsh and Wales :)

10. My hubby cooks dinner for me every night. I am so lucky and so glad he does, because if it were up to me, we'd be having cereal!

3 comments:

  1. lol about being an anglophile. I was an English major in college, so I drive my husband (and myself) mad pointing out inaccuracies in shows and such.

    I am totally jealous of you backpacking through Europe :) I've never been out of this country, not even to Canada (and it's only a 3 hours drive for me).

    Yay for making it to 6wks!!! And wowza about the test. Awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful HPT! Congrats on the 6wk mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is Pam from FF. Just checking in on you and wanted to know how your u/s went?

    ReplyDelete