Friday, February 11, 2011

My Husband's Lucky Number

I just can't seem to wake up. They must have given me alot of the drugs used in egg retrieval because I was so anxious I would be awake, and this whole day I've been a bit loopy.

I could barely sleep last night. I kept tossing and turning, thinking, "What if I already O'd on my own? What if there are no good eggs? What if nothings mature enough?" Ugh.

I feel like I ought to be excited about this, but I'm not. I think it's because I'm getting closer and closer to finding out information - tomorrow, the fert report. What if none of the eggs made it? Or, once the transfer is complete, it's only another week and a half until I know whether they stuck or not. I'm so scared of knowing the answer because I don't want that answer to be no. Please God, I can't take another no.

Anyway, they got 12 mature eggs from me today. That's 5 more than I thought! I'm not fooling myself, I don't expect they'll all fert., but I was happy to learn they were actually mature. Apparently L has learned from all my question-asking, because I had been talking to him (before I went under) that I was sure I had a bunch of eggs (around 25) but I thought only 5-7 would be mature. He actually asked the RE if those 12 were mature, I'm so glad!

So today my babies were made, and we're just waiting for tomorrow to see how many make it and how good they look. Please please please, grow grow grow.

I'm scheduled for a 3 day transfer unless they push it out to 5. So even though I didn't have ER until today, I might end up getting a Valentine's Day transfer anyway.

I'll admit to not liking the number 12 my whole life. But it's L's lucky number. He's generally luckier than me though, so I'm hoping this portends well for him, and me by association. I hope, I hope, I hope.

1 comment: