Today is my second day at home for this two-shot storm. My deck is nearly completely full of snow, up to the railings! My first scan was this morning and I was so worried my RE's office would be closed due to the weather. But, as the receptionist told me, "We're always here!" and the office was quite busy.
I was so nervous that nothing would be progressing. These stims are making me so emotional, it's ridiculous - I burst out crying at the silliest of things.
Anyway, I'm a little slow, the RE said, but nothing too bad, at least not yet. My estradiol is 260, my progesterone is .1 (low is good in this case) but one of my concerns is that my lining was only 5mm. So the doctor is upping me from 2 vials of Bravelle a day to 3.
IVF Jen then told me that she's not sure why since everything looks good, "but hey, he's the doctor." That's right, chica. What's with the commentary? Ok, like I said, moody.
In other news I FINALLY yesterday heard back about my b/w from last month. MTHFR is confirmed, everything else was negative except for this PAI polymorphism 4g5g test that they are still waiting on results for.
I'm trying to learn about it, and it seems it's called compound heterozygous MTHFR. But so far, my doctors aren't telling me much about it. What do I need to do? According to MFM, take "adequate" folic acid, B6 and B12. But what is adequate for someone with two MTHFR mutations? According to some websites I found, between 3-5 MG. Holy cow, that's a lot. But I'll do it in a second.
I am so so worried I need Heparin though. I already know Dr. Mike and Boston MFM want me to take it starting at 8 weeks, but due to my previous M/C and chemical I wonder if I need it from the start, or possibly even before pregnancy. It is sometimes needed for MTHFR mutations.
But I can't even get ahold of the MFM here to find out. Argh! So frustrated!